- Virtual Invitation to Gary City Drug Court’s Second Chance Program 48th Commencement on September 17 2021 - September 14, 2021
- ROAD CLOSURES: Week of September 6th: Old Hobart Road will be closed on September 7 and is scheduled to reopen on September 15. Atcheson Drive will remain open.
Lake Street will be closed on September 8 and is scheduled to reopen on September 17. Howard Street to 6th Place to Lake Street will be open. From Lake, motorists can turn west on 7th Avenue.
- County Line Road Closure Mon 3/8 through W 3/10: Detour Map - March 4, 2021
Miller Transit Development District Presentation, by Northwest IN RDA February 11th, 2021, 6 p.m. CSTVisit COVID-19 Breaking News for the latest updates
SNOW & ICE REMOVAL PLAN Feb 03 2021Reimagine Gary FB Video
SNOW & ICE REMOVAL PLAN Dec 23 2020
STATE OF THE CITY Dec 17 2020
WARMING CENTERS in GARY Dec 14 2020
- Warming Shelters in Gary over Christmas Holiday - December 14, 2020
- City Closure - December 9, 2020
- Akyumen Industries to Build Manufacturing Facility and U.S. Headquarters at Ivanhoe Gardens Site, Initial Efforts Will Create 500 New Jobs - October 27, 2020
- New Online Hub Offers Extensive Info on Gary’s COVID-19 Battle - August 28, 2020
- Mayor Jerome Prince, Vine Line Produce Host Summer Produce Giveaway - August 28, 2020
- NATIONTIME-GARY GIBFF PRESS RELEASE - August 22, 2020
- ROAD CLOSURE - County Line Rd at US 12 - Monday July 27 - July 24, 2020
- ROAD CLOSURE: Oak Avenue around the Lake in Miller (Marquette Park) - April 9, 2020
Gary Mayor Jerome A. Prince announces Gary PD leadership changes - June 19, 2020
Mayor Prince and Chief Sean O'Donnell Addressing Challenges in Gary Fire Department VIDEO - June 15, 2020
Mayor Prince's Signs Executive Order to Establish a Police Advisory Commission - June 11, 2020
Protests Spread Nationwide - City of Gary Responds
An Easter Message from Mayor Jerome A. Prince
Fest in the First
SEPTEMBER 18, Noon - 8 PM
Mark Your Calendar for Story Hour!
Story Hour is every Wednesday at 10am located at Marquette Park Playground Shelter. AGES 4-10. ADULTS MUST ACCOMPANY. Sponsored by Marquette Park Playground Committee, Inc. and Brown Faces Green Spaces.
▪️8/4 Drew Hart, US Forest Svc.
▪️8/11 Officer Simon Lillie
▪️8/18 Mary Ann Best
▪️8/25 Bill Payonk
City of Gary Block Party July 31
Wind Down Wednesdays @ Marquette Beach
Independence Day Celebration & Parade July 2
Saturday June 19, 2021 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Hudson Campbell Sports & Fitness Center
Participants must be present by 8:30 AM
2020 Gary International Black Film Festival
The Gary International Black Film Festival Launches Its 10th Anniversary Online With 10 Days of Black Brilliance November 10-20, 2020
Press Release - November 6, 2020
NATIONTIME-GARY Presented by the Gary International Black Film Festival
Watch the trailer here https://youtu.be/zMn0uDbTReQ
The Gary International Black Film Festival presents the Gary, IN premiere of NATIONTIME GARY, directed by William Greaves. The film chronicles 1972 National Black Political Convention held in Gary, IN. NATIONTIME-GARY is the only film record of the historic 1972 National Black Political Convention. Featuring Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chisholm, Dick Gregory, Coretta Scott King, Richard Hatcher, Betty Shabazz, Amiri Baraka, Congressman Charles Diggs, and many political leaders, artists and activists representing a broad spectrum of Black political thought. Narrated by Sidney Poitier and Harry Belafonte.
This screening is one of a variety of events leading to the upcoming 2020 Black National Convention presented by The Movement 4 Black Lives on August 28. A panel featuring participants from the 1972 and the 2020 Convention will be on hand for a post-film discussion.
DATE: Saturday August 22
TIME: Doors at 4:30pm Film at 6pm Central
LOCATION: Gary SouthShore Railcats Stadium and online
Tickets are free for the in-person and the online screening. Pre-registration is required.
Due to the current outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, events are postponed until further notice.
(UPDATE 3/16/2020) Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the request of the Governor this event has been postponed until further notice.
Mayor Jerome A. Prince Inaugural Gala
Performance by R&B Neo-soul Grammy nominated singer Mr. Eric Benet
RSVP for tickets by calling
Date: Saturday April 18th, 2020
Time: 6pm - 11pm
Location: Gary / Chicago International Airport
6001 Airport Rd. Gary, IN