Gary Historic Preservation Commission
2021 Schedule of Meetings
- Meetings occur every 2nd Wednesday of each month. For meeting location refer to Public Notices >> https://gary.gov/public-notices/
|DATE OF MEETING||Notices/Agendas||Minutes|
|May 12, 2021||Notice & Agenda|
|June 9, 2021||Notice & Agenda|
The commission is comprised of 8 members appointed by the mayor.
Honoring Founding President Commissioner Naomi Millinder, Emeritus, 1945 - 2018
Creation and Purpose
Gary's Redevelopment is dependent on the Gary Historic Preservation Commission's success of protecting and preserving historic sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify of historic structures and buildings and districts.
- Prepare recommendations and author protective legislation action by the Gary Common Council
- Developing design guidelines buildings and historic districts
- Co-host the Gary Preservation Tour with the Departments of Planning and Redevelopment.
- Serve as a resource to the residents of Gary