Gary Historic Preservation Commission
2020 Schedule of Meetings
- Meetings occur every 2nd Wednesday of each month. For meeting location refer to Public Notices >> https://gary.gov/public-notices/
|DATE OF MEETING||Notices/Agendas||Minutes|
|Feb. 12, 2020|
|March 11, 2020|
|April 8, 2020|
|May 13, 2020|
|June 10, 2020|
|July 8, 2020||Notice & Agenda|
|Aug. 12, 2020|
|Sept. 9, 2020||Notice|
|Oct. 14, 2020||Notice|
|Nov. 11, 2020||Notice & Agenda|
|Dec. 9, 2020|
The commission is comprised of 8 members appointed by the mayor.
Honoring Founding President Commissioner Naomi Millinder, Emeritus, 1945 - 2018
Creation and Purpose
Gary's Redevelopment is dependent on the Gary Historic Preservation Commission's success of protecting and preserving historic sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify of historic structures and buildings and districts.
- Prepare recommendations and author protective legislation action by the Gary Common Council
- Developing design guidelines buildings and historic districts
- Co-host the Gary Preservation Tour with the Departments of Planning and Redevelopment.
- Serve as a resource to the residents of Gary