Report a Crime
Welcome to the Gary Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred within the Gary City limits and not in the unincorporated area of Calumet Township?
- This did not occur on a State Freeway?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary police report case number.
- Be able to print the temporary copy of the police report to keep for your records that you used the online system to file a report. This is not the official document of your police report.
- All case filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Gary Police Department’s Online Citizens Reporting System you can report incidents such as:Battery, Intimidation, Lost Property, Telephone Harassment, Theft, Threats and Vandalism.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Select Incident” to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Gary Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 219-660-0000).