Licenses & Permits


Use the charts below to determine which license(s) you need:

Licenses that do not also need a general business license:

Business activities License type Fee
Reselling items? Pawnbroker $300
Selling without a structure? Peddler $200

Providing transportation services? Taxicab and Limousine

- per vehicle

- per driver




Selling from a temporary structure? Transient Merchant $200

Collecting material? Scavenger license $150

Business of an adult nature? Sexually oriented business license

- Employee license




Providing lodging? Hotels and Motels $50-$500

Stand at a flea market? Flea market operator

- per booth



If you have a valid 2021 business license, you can register online now,
which will make renewing in January more convenient (click here to register).

If your business includes: Then you will need the following supplementary license:
  • Work as a Contractor
  • Run a dry cleaning business
  • Operate a fireworks stand
  • Work as a junk dealer
  • Operate a kennel
  • Run a hotel/motel
  • Sell beverages and/or food
  • Sell automotive vehicles

If you cannot download the license application you need, contact the Zoning Department at

For all fees, see the business license summary of fees

GBL renewal process 









New GBL application process