PUBLIC NOTICE - Street Closure Update (10-23-2023)
- NIPSCO and Rieth-Riley will be closing Tennessee Street from US20 north to Mason Ave. The detour will use Virginia Street. The closure is scheduled for Tuesday 10/24 through Sunday 10/29.
- GW Railroad will close the crossing at MLK between Front Street (E. 21st Ave) and 35th Avenue on Wednesday 10/25 and Thursday 10/26.
CLOSURE/RESTRICTIONS - I-80/94 EB in Lake County (Broadway and Grant Interchanges)
- INDOT will close the EB 80/94 to Grant Exit Ramp, the NB & SB Grant to EB 80/94 On Ramp, EB 80/94 to Broadway Exit Ramp, and the NB & SB Broadway to EB 80/94 On Ramps from Friday 9/29/23 through approximately Friday 10/20/23.
DETOUR CHANGE - I-65 NB to I-94 WB in Lake County
- A new detour for the I-65 northbound to I-94 westbound ramp closure will be put in place Thursday, September 14.
- The detour will follow I-94 eastbound to the Central Ave interchange where traffic will loop around to I-94 westbound. Central Ave will be closed to thru traffic (including accessing I-94).
- The ramp closure is expected to be in place through late September as scheduled for concrete restoration work.
- FACEBOOK for further info
Gary Stormwater Management District – Lake Street
- Work continues on the Lake Street Reconstruction Project. On or after Wednesday, July 5th, Grimmer will continue proceeding north of Birch Avenue. The detour will continue to use 4th Avenue, Grand Boulevard and Hemlock Avenue. Work is expected to last through November.
Gary Stormwater Management District – Chase Street
GSD and Grimmer Construction will close Chase Street between 25th and 21st Avenues (including the 25th Avenue intersection) starting 9/25/23 and lasting approximately 3 months. Detour shown below.
PLANE – Gary Chicago International Airport (GYY)
For More Information
For more information about private hangar, FBO, and other commercial airline opportunities, please visit https://flygyy.com